05 March 2011

Halleloo!

Today has been a barrage of good news! Despite being hella busy with upcoming projects and due dates as well as feeling slightly under the weather, P called earlier today to tell me that she & M are applying for an apartment 3 blocks down the road!! It's a nice 2 bedroom with a view of the lake. Oh, and did I mention, it's 3 blocks down the road from me? While I don't want to jinx anything for them, I can't help hiding my excitement.

Oh, and while she was apartment hunting in my hood, she also happened to discover this hidden neighborhood supermarket I had heard of, but never found: Pete's Supermarket. So naturally, I went down there to check it out for myself and this place is awesome! It's cute; it's got a lot of basics, while still having a fair amount of the exotic, unique, fancy, and charm; there's over 175 selections of wine; and better yet, it's 3 blocks down the road! Anyone who knows me will tell you that my one complaint about my place was that there wasn't any nearby supermarkets (oh how naive I was). The reason why I couldn't find it was because it's listed as Pete's Wine Shop, even though the store front clearly says "Pete's Supermarket". Even google maps has it listed as such, so of course I would have never thought to check it out. But anyway, I'm just happy to have a supermarket to add to my list of other neighborhood dives that includes a coffee shop, a pub, a bread shop, restaurants, late-night snacking, video rental, mail office, nail salon, and yoga studio, whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment