09 March 2011

How liberating!

I've never run naked before. Oh, and by "naked", I really mean without my iPod/music (sorry guys, that's a term I adopted from Runner's World). And not only that, I've never really run outdoors at night. I recently signed up for gym membership at 24 Hour Fitness, so I've been trying to take advantage of their classes. Anywho, I went to Zumba today, which was a lot of fun!! I got so pumped that on a random whim, I decided, hellz, I'mma run home! And run home I did! In fact, I even beat the bus.

And man, running home in the dark without music? It feels pretty damn good! It was so liberating setting my own rhythm, with the cool night air brushing against my skin, and seeing the city when it's dark out. It's an entirely different world. And of course, just as I made this impulsive decision, it starts to rain. But you know what? Bring it on rain 'cuz you's just bout made me feel that more badass! Granted, I wasn't running that fast... actually, it was more of a jog. But still! Running out there just now, I was so tempted to flail my arms out like I was Andy fuckin' Dufresne from Shawshank Redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment